5 crazy facts about air conditioning
1. The first air conditioner was invented for a printing press. In 1902, Willis Carrier invented the first air conditioning unit to control humidity in a printing press room.
2. Air conditioners save lives. According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, air conditioning has been responsible for a 80% reduction in heat-related deaths in the US since the 1960s.
3. The world's largest air conditioner is in the Persian Gulf. The Burj Khalifa in Dubai has the largest air conditioning system in the world, which can cool an area of 500,000 square meters.
4. Air conditioning can improve productivity. Studies have shown that working in a cool temperature can increase productivity by up to 10%.
5. Air conditioning can make you sick if not maintained properly. Dirty air filters and stagnant water can lead to the growth of bacteria and mold, which can cause health problems such as respiratory infections, Legionnaire's disease, and asthma.
If you would like air conditioning installed, give us a call on 0203 - 4888 - 663 or press get a quote and fill out the form!